CCMH has an immediate position opening for an Ultrasound/Echo Technologist to perform routine to complex ultrasound/echo procedures within the scope of radiology practice and training and to ensure the production of quality images of all anatomical structures for interpretation by Radiologists. The primary duties for this position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Serve CCMH patient needs as a quality ultrasound/echo technologist in the performance of assigned duties, ensuring that all images are accurate and done timely
• Assist Radiology Manager and team members in facilitating efficient clinical work flow; receptive to taking add-on cases in a positive and professional manner
• Troubleshoot problems and participant in resolutions; report equipment issues to Radiology Manager in a timely manner
• Assists in maintaining supplies and other inventory needed to complete all ordered tests and services
• Must follow all established processes and protocols and/or physician-specific directions for examinations in assigned areas
• Available to clinicians for questions, concerns, and follow-up during work hours
• Perform radiology equipment inspection daily to ensure diagnostic quality of each ordered procedure;
• Identifies, prepares and positions patient for procedures(s) by using established diagnostic imaging protocols to achieve highest possible quality images
• Review patient order/requisition and verifies for accurate demographics and appropriate clinical data to ensure correct procedures are performed
• Perform other duties as assigned in accordance with departmental and/or facility needs within the scope of knowledge, training, and education as requested following all established policies, procedures and protocols for each.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Physical Requirements:
• Unencumbered licensure/certification in ultrasound/echo field - prefer experience in both ultrasound andx-ray
• BLS certification (or attainment within 60 days of hire)
• Maintain all regulatory compliance protocols; HIPAA compliant
• Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
• Must be able and willing to represent the organization in a positive and professional manner, internally and externally
• Strong planning, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, lifting, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers; talking, hearing and vision within normal expectations; light to moderate work with 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry.