Cedar County Memorial Hospital Radiology Department
The CCMH Radiology Department strives to offer patients access to high quality imaging tools. We provide inpatient and emergency services as well as a large variety of outpatient diagnostic services to the Community. These include:
- Diagnostic X-rays
- Digital Fluoroscopy including Swallowing Studies.
- State of the art Digital Mammography with needle localization capabilities.
- Ultrasound to include venous and arterial exams and OB/GYN exams.
- 20 Slice CT unit with 3D reconstructions.
- Echocardiograms and Stress Echos.
- Stress Echos with the Cardiologist and Exercise Tolerance Tests.
Screenings exams that include:
- Bone Mineral Density or BMD
- ABI or Ankle Brachial Index’s for PAD are also available.
In October 2010, two new imaging systems were added to our facility. A new 20 slice CT unit was put into place expanding our CT capabilities. This new unit allows for faster exams & less radiation exposure for patients.
The second new machine added is the state-of-the-art Digital Mammography unit. Our Mammography Dept. is accredited by the American College of Radiology.
Our teleradiology system allows images to be sent immediately to the radiologist, allowing quicker interpretations for the referring physician. Teleradiology benefits patients because the physician will receive a diagnosis faster when treating the critically ill, and the injured patient will receive quicker access to a 2nd consultation.
Our powerful imaging capabilities support a variety of common exams, including vascular, thyroid, and testicular exams. It also offers advanced imaging capabilities specifically beneficial in the evaluation of breast masses.
All Radiologists are board-certified and all Technologists are board-certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. The Radiology Department at Cedar County Memorial Hospital is available 24 hours for emergency situations.
For scheduled outpatient services the Department is open 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. To make an appointment please contact the Radiology Department at 417-876-3542.